Considering getting a Brazilian wax?
Brazilian waxes are very common nowadays and most people have heard of them, even if they’ve never had one.
Below find some helpful information on how to prepare, what to expect during your visit and how to care for your skin after a waxing season.
- Stop shaving! Your first step is to stop shaving. Do not shave or use any other hair removal products or creams 3-4 weeks prior to your appointment. You hair should be ¼ inch long for optimal waxing.
- Exfoliate the area being waxed a few days before. Exfoliating helps remove dead skin and lifts the hair, which assists in better hair removal.
- Please shower before your appointment and lightly exfoliate before your appointment. Make sure you are extra clean and don’t come to your appointment after the gym.
- Let your esthetician know if you are taking any medication that can affect your waxing results, such as blood thinners, Acutane, or Retin-A (or similar products)
If you are using topical acne or skin lighting products.
- Do not tan the bikini area in the 24 hours prior to your wax appointment.
- With doctor’s approval, pain products such as ibuprofen can be taken 30 minutes before a bikini wax to alleviate any possible pain. (Please get doctor consent)
- Do expect to have some level of discomfort. We are removing the hair from the root! However, due expect future visits to be easier and less uncomfortable. (everyone’s level of discomfort is different.
- You may experience some redness and soreness after your wax, these are common temporary reactions and should subside within 24 hrs.
- Wear clean lose fitting pants and clean cotton underwear. Avoid any tight clothes that rub excessively.
- Don’t take hot shower; go to the gym, tanning or sauna 24 hrs after waxing.
- Purchase your post care product to apply to the waxed area every day to prevent ingrown hairs, infection, and regrowth.
- Don’t shave in between your waxing appointments.
- Book your follow up appointment in 3-4 weeks.
- Call your Licensed Esthetician and get a one on one to get you ready for your appointment and to answer any of your questions.
Finally received my Motives Maven Palette, I am going to be playing with it this weekend. I have been wating to get my hands on this palette for a while now. The eyeshadow colors are very pretty.
I’ll post a review and swatches soon.
Its been a long time since I really took product pictures. I don’t know why I don’t do it as much, but I sure want to get better at doing these. I just love palettes and I have a ton of them. I think I am obsessed with them. LOL
Today I want to share with you some of my beautiful eyeshadow palettes, I have a few Urban Decay, Nars and Illamasqua to share.
The first one is the urban decay 3 palette. This palette has 12 shadows and they are in hues of pink and brow, I love the rose gold packaging and the brush that is included is dual ended nice quality.
My next palette is the newest Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette. This palette has 10 bold shades. It is definitely not for everyone but I love the colors and can’t wait to play with it more.
My last eye shadow palette for today is the Illamasqua Neutral Palette. I love this palette. It is my second one so far. I just love the packaging, pigmentation and overall quality. I hate having to pay the shipping on these product in the UK but I needed to try them and I have to say I am very happy with it.
Let me know if you want me to continue to do these and if you also want some swatches.
Thank you for following my blog and sharing my love for makeup.
OMG, it has been forever since I posted on my blog, I so need to start posting weekly. Shame on me LOL Today I wanted to share some of my work that was published in Berks County Living. I was so excited to see it in the cover, I felt like Katherine Heigl from the movie “the ugly truth” LOL, yes the scene when she got her flowers. I know, don’t ask me why that particular moment flashed through my brain. I had the honor of doing this green beautiful makeup. This months issue was featuring “Green” , be sure to stop by and check Berks County Living Photography by the amazing Tania Pineiro-Colamarino of Ama Photography Thank you for reading and following my work! Makeup by Patricia Solis
Today I wanted to share with you a few pictures from another beautiful wedding I had the honor to be a part off.
Wedding took place in Reading, PA at the Beverly Hills Tavern.
Photography was taken by Tania from Ama Photography.
I am a bit late a posting this amazing wedding. The wedding took place at The Hotel Hershey in Hershey PA.
Photography was done by Matthew Tennison.
It was such a beautiful day and everyone was so happy and excited.
I had the honor to work with the beautiful bride and her bridal party, including he mom and mother in law, Oh and lets not forget the handsome groom. This couple was so nice and very in-love. I was so happy to have been a small part of Katie’s special day.
I provided on location airbrush makeup services to the ladies.
Below I will share the amazing pictures capture by Matthew Tennison. Be sure to stop by his website.